How To Get A Card
*Preferred forms of ID: a driver’s license or State ID, and a utility bill, postmarked bill, bank statement, voter’s registration card (cannot be combined with driver’s license or State ID), or automobile registration not more than 30 days old with patron’s same current address as on ID or license.
Residents of Incorporated Matteson:
- Present two forms of identification*
Residents of Incorporated Matteson under 18 years of age:
- May use identification with the family name and address (see above).
- Must also have a signature of a parent or legal guardian who resides in Matteson on the child’s library card application. (Must show proof of guardianship papers).
Residents of Unincorporated Matteson:
Any household that does not receive a water bill lives in an unincorporated area. Residents of unincorporated Matteson may purchase a library card. The price of a library card is determined by your property tax bill. Please call the library circulation department for details at 708-748-4431.
Where you can use your card:
Because your library is a member of the Reaching Across Illinois Libraries System ( RAILS) your new library card will be honored not only at your home library but at any of the public and academic libraries in RAILS.
For a list of RAILS member libraries click here here.
To Replace a library card:
- Present two forms of identification* to the Customer Service Desk.
- Pay $1.00 replacement fee for the first lost card.
If you move, be sure to notify the library of your new address.
To Renew a library card:
- Bring your card to the Customer Service Desk along with two IDs*
*Children may bring two forms of identification with the family name and address.