Rules In The Youth Services Area
To ensure everyone has equal access to the library while following health guidelines, please adhere to the following:
- Visits are limited to 8 people at a time for 30 minutes.
- Masks are REQUIRED for everyone, vaccinated and unvaccinated.
- Water fountains are NOT available unless you have a water bottle.
- Please consume any food before or after visiting the library.
- We are NOT responsible for personal belongings left behind at the library.
- Children under the age of 10 must be closely accompanied at all times by a responsible person aged 16 or older.
For the full list of rules please ask the Youth Services Desk. If you have any questions, please contact Nikeda Webb by phone at 708-748-4431 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Books for Kids and Teens
How To Search For Good Books
2. Click on your child’s grade and then you will see a selection of books and ebooks
3. Click on the book’s cover to place a hold on the book or download the ebook.
4. We’ll give you a call or email when it’s ready for pick up.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 708-748-4431
If you or your child(ren) need a library card, cards are issued to residents of incorporated Matteson at no cost. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. You’ll fill out some paperwork at the Service Desk and get the library card that day.
What you will need to bring:
1 of the following forms of ID:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid State ID
1 of the following forms that contain Your Address:
- Utility Bill (water, electric, gas)
- Property Tax Bill
- Bank Statement
- Home/Auto Insurance
Digital Library Cards
If you are Matteson resident who is unable to come to the library to get a physical card, you can go here to get an eResource Library Card. This e-card can be used to access databases as well as check out digital items like ebooks and downloadable audiobooks from resources like Overdrive and Hoopla, just like a physical card can. The only limitation is the eResource Library Card cannot check out physical items.
Are you a student who lives in Rich Township, Illinois and needs to earn volunteer hours? The Matteson Area Public Library District is offering a new volunteer opportunity where participants will not be required to enter the library’s building.
We are looking for 7th to 12th graders to create short (about 2 minute) videos reviewing a book that can be checked out from Matteson Area Public Library District. Students can do reviews of books, audiobooks, or ebooks, but they must be written for youth. Videos can be simple selfies or showcase a volunteer’s artistic or editing skills.
To get started, click here. Once you complete the form, you will receive an email with more details about how to proceed.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Museum Adventure Pass
Use your library card to receive free admission or other discounts to a variety of museums and cultural institutions throughout the Chicago area. Stop by the library or check out a Museum Pass online by clicking here.
- Passes for each participating museum are limited.
- Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis whether requested in person or online.
- One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per family, per loan period.
- The loan period is SEVEN DAYS and will expire after the date printed on the pass.
- Admission offers vary per museum.
- Passes MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED, are non-transferrable, must be used by the patron checking out the pass, and may only be used once.
- Once ordered online, Museum Passes must be picked up at the Matteson Area Public Library.
- Patrons may be asked for photo identification and/or library card to gain admission to the participating museum.
For more information about the Museum Adventure Pass or to check the list of participating museums and cultural institutions, visit www.museumadventure.org.