Rules In The Youth Services Area
To ensure everyone has equal access to the library while following health guidelines, please adhere to the following:
- Visits are limited to 8 people at a time for 30 minutes.
- Masks are REQUIRED for everyone, vaccinated and unvaccinated.
- Water fountains are NOT available unless you have a water bottle.
- Please consume any food before or after visiting the library.
- We are NOT responsible for personal belongings left behind at the library.
- Children under the age of 10 must be closely accompanied at all times by a responsible person aged 16 or older.
For the full list of rules please ask the Youth Services Desk. If you have any questions, please contact Nikeda Webb by phone at 708-748-4431 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Books for Kids and Teens
How To Search For Good Books
2. Click on your child’s grade and then you will see a selection of books and ebooks
3. Click on the book’s cover to place a hold on the book or download the ebook.
4. We’ll give you a call or email when it’s ready for pick up.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 708-748-4431
If you or your child(ren) need a library card, cards are issued to residents of incorporated Matteson at no cost. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. You’ll fill out some paperwork at the Service Desk and get the library card that day.
What you will need to bring:
1 of the following forms of ID:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid State ID
1 of the following forms that contain Your Address:
- Utility Bill (water, electric, gas)
- Property Tax Bill
- Bank Statement
- Home/Auto Insurance
Through the Teen Volunteers Program, teens will gain skills and experience for a pre-work environment. Teens will learn the meaning of dependability, responsibility, collaboration, communication, and leadership while learning various library skills. The Teen Volunteer Program is designed for teens in grades 7-12 that may need community service hours or are interested for the sake of volunteering. The library does not provide service hours for court mandated community service.
Click Here to see our volunteer opportunities.
Museum Adventure Pass
Use your library card to receive free admission or other discounts to a variety of museums and cultural institutions throughout the Chicago area. Stop by the library or check out a Museum Pass online by clicking here.
- Passes for each participating museum are limited.
- Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis whether requested in person or online.
- One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per family, per loan period.
- The loan period is SEVEN DAYS and will expire after the date printed on the pass.
- Admission offers vary per museum.
- Passes MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED, are non-transferrable, must be used by the patron checking out the pass, and may only be used once.
- Once ordered online, Museum Passes must be picked up at the Matteson Area Public Library.
- Patrons may be asked for photo identification and/or library card to gain admission to the participating museum.
For more information about the Museum Adventure Pass or to check the list of participating museums and cultural institutions, visit www.museumadventure.org.