Blog > 5 Great Reasons To Get Your Library Card
Posted September 25, 2019
September is library card sign up month, and if there’s ever a better time to visit your library and take advantage of all it has to offer, it is now. Research shows having a library card is the first step towards academic achievement and lifelong learning. If that’s not reason enough, stop in for a visit to your local library and see all it has to offer. Check out this video to see more of what you could get out of a visit to the library: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb4hAr7G4MY
5 Reasons why everyone should have a Library card:
- If you get a card at a business, you’re expected to buy something. If you get a library card, you get to use materials, enjoy services provided, or attend programs at no additional charge.
- You can use the library from the comfort of your own home. The library offers free access to ebooks, eaudiobooks, novels, magazines, and downloadable music on multiple device types.
- Your library card gives you access to multiple libraries, museums, and the world beyond your hometown library.
- The library provides flexible options for using your card including wallet cards, keyring cards, and smartphone scanning.
- The more a community supports its public library, the more the public library can provide that which is beyond an individual’s personal budget.