About the Library
Holiday Closings for 2018
The Matteson Area Public Library will be closed on the following holidays
|New Year’s Day||January 1|
|President’s Day||February 18|
|Mother’s Day||May 12|
|Memorial Day||May 26 & 27|
|Father’s Day||June 16|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||September 2|
|Thanksgiving||November 28 & 29|
|Christmas Eve||December 24|
|Christmas Day||December 25|
|New Year’s Eve||December 31|
In addition to these closing dates, we will be closed on August 2 and December 6 for staff training.
Mission & Policies
The Mission of the Matteson Public Library is to make a positive contribution in the community by providing popular materials and services to help meet informational, recreational, educational, and intellectual needs with timely, accurate information in a variety of formats
The library will serve as a bridge between imagination, exploration, and knowledge.
Legal Notices & Notes
Budget FY 17-18: $2,737,514
As of 12/4/2017: Full-Time Employees: 18 | Part-Time Employees: 34
- By the end of each calendar year, the Board of Trustees approves audits for the previous fiscal year.
- For the last several years, these audits have been conducted by O’Neill and Gaspardo, Certified Public Accountants, located in Mokena, IL.
- These audits can be obtained from the Matteson Area Public Library District’s business office on weekdays between 9 am and 4 pm. They are also filed with Cook County.
- Also available through the business office are salary and benefits reports for employees above the $75,000 level.
Current Job Postings
You can come into the library to pick up a job application from the Customer Service Desk, or you can download and print a copy here. Bring your completed handwritten application to the library.
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
- We are currently not hiring