Current Job Postings
You can come into the library to pick up a job application from the Customer Service Desk, or you can download and print a copy here.
Your application must be filled out by hand, not typed, and brought to the library to be considered for a position.
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Public Services Associate II
Public Services Associate II
Reports To: Public Services Manager
Dept.: Public Services
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
$21.51 an hour
The Public Services Associate is a part-time, non-exempt, professional position, that provides informational services for all patrons with an additional focus on technology. Under the supervision of the public services manager, this position is responsible for: creating programming for the community to better understand how to use their technical devices to meet their informational needs; promoting the use of the Library’s Makerspace to develop and foster technology usage to the community and library staff; creates online content to promote and educate about technology and other library offerings, and helps build a collection that supports our mission of providing technology assistance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides friendly, courteous, and accurate service to all users.
Works the Public Services Desk.
- Provide information assistance using all the Library’s resources.
- Answers informational and reader’s advisory questions utilizing print and electronic resources to patrons in person, by phone, and via email.
- Develops, improves, and evaluates the library’s digital content.
- Creates original live streaming and video content for the library.
- Develops curriculum, and provides technical guidance and training on a variety of software applications for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Creates and maintains an inventory of the resources in the Makerspace.
- Works with patrons to solve their technology problems concerning their devices, laptops, and/or their peripherals.
- Works with the social media team to market library services and connect with the community through our various platforms.
- Assists in efforts to use emerging technologies from other industries to improve library services.
- Assists with the online maker and craft programs.
- Maintain expertise by reading professional literature, attending workshops, networking, and attending appropriate meetings and seminars to identify emerging technology trends and topics.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities as directed by the department manager.
- Participates in grant writing opportunities.
- Understands and follows the library’s safety and health protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as may be necessary.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues related to the creation and editing of video content.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite,
Photoshop, 3D printing, and other emerging technologies.
- Comfortable teaching both in a classroom and one-on-one setting.
- Familiar with downloading and streaming content.
- The ability to work to take initiative and work independently as well as work
collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Willingness to learn and use a variety of technology and craft tools in the Library
of Things in order to teach patrons for their personal use.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understands the interoperability of various social media platforms and how to
use them to their fullest capacity.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
Education, Experience, and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1 year of experience working in a public setting with an emphasis on technology
training or creating online programming content.
- Experience using social media.
- Has created and edited digital for other organizations.
- 1 year of project management experience.
Send a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Public Services Manager