Current Job Postings
You can come into the library to pick up a job application from the Customer Service Desk, or you can download and print a copy here.
Your application must be filled out by hand, not typed, and brought to the library to be considered for a position.
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Part-Time Customer Service Associate
Reports To: Customer Service Coordinator/Assistant Customer Service Coordinator
Dept.: Customer Service
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
$14.74 an hour
16 to 18 hours per week.
The Customer Service Associate helps assist our patrons, including greeting and directing, registering and renewing library cards, checking-out and returning collection items, sorting books, DVDS, and CDs, answering brief reference questions, and a variety of other tasks associated with a busy circulation desk.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions.
- Ability to follow the Dewey Decimal system for arranging non-fiction materials.
- Knowledge of the alphabet system for arranging fiction materials.
- Ability to learn computer operations.
- Ability to bend, lift, stoop and carry.
- Ability to stand for extended amounts of time.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically in order to provide the best customer service.
- Promotes and explains circulation, interlibrary loan procedures, and other information in a customer-responsive manner.
- Possesses a basic understanding of cash handling procedures.
- Understands and accurately follows circulation policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic computer operations needed to use the library’s circulation system.
*Core Competencies must be understood and met within the 90-Day Probation Period.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Must be a High School Graduate with a minimum of one-year work experience.
Send a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Customer Service Coordinator